Friday, August 31, 2012

The Yard Sale Skirt near disaster

Welcome to the end of another work week :)

A few weeks ago my wonderful husband got me the Weekend Sewing book by Heather Ross.  I thought it was a great way to try something new to take me outside my comfort zone and maybe get a new wardrobe at the same time.

I decided to try the Yard Sale Wrap which looked doable, and it mostly was until I tried it on and it was considerably smaller than I would like.  I don't really like my leg to hang out when I sit down.  I did make the Large/XLarge version although I am on the lower end of the range it still didn't fit.  That will teach me to try making clothes 3 days before needing them, but also I should've checked reviews before attempting it.  I now know there have been corrections to this book and I even found some helpful information on how to adapt the pattern.  This one at Pick n Stitch was my favourite.

The good thing about the skirt was that cutting and putting it together was only an afternoon/evenings work.  This part I did like.

Today my again wonderful husband went to the fabric shop (while I was working) and bought me another couple of meters of the fabric so I could add another couple of panels.  I am still hoping that I will get it put together for Father's Day.

But for now here is a photo of the pile of fabric and additional pieces ready to be sewn.


Sorry for the yellowish photo, the day got away and only just got a chance to take photos.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment