Saturday, September 8, 2012

The pleasure of finishing 2 quilts

I had a wonderful day sewing on Thursday.  My mum lent me her sewing machine (which is so much better than mine) so I was able to machine quilt my Plus quilt from In Color Order tutorial.  What I wasn't expecting to do was also quilt the Sliced Coin Quilt from Don't Call Me Betsy's blog.  I have a habit of spending hours on a project when I know it is almost finish.  I think it's the anticipation of seeing the finished item.


This is the last quilt for a family member for a little while and it's for my Mum.  As my Mum is wonderful at sewing I wanted it to be something special which I think I achieved.  I love how the sliced coins stand out and that the back looks just as interesting as the front.  I also like the way the pink binding pops against the Free Spirits Designer Solid Sand Dune fabric.  The coins were cut from a Pretty Little Things fat quarter bundle that I got from Hawthorne Threads.  I do need to work on my quilting though, for some reason it has some puckering which is mainly noticeable on the back.  I had over 400 safety pins in and at no more than 3 inches apart.


Then there is the Plus Quilt which I made for my husband and I.  I've made so many quilts and not one for us.  So here it is!  It has all my favourite colours in it - there is a lot of them!

Now that I've finished them I'm thinking about what next.  I love creating quilts but we can only use so many of them.  I'm sure another one won't go astray :)

No comments:

Post a Comment