Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Hello all

Thanks for taking a look at another work in progress.

I am quite excited about this week's WIP.  I have been busy, busy hand sewing many, many circles.


I really enjoy hand sewing and love the look of it when it's finished.  That's not to say I don't love machine quilting though, I love the ease and speed at which you can quilt by machine.  My hand stitching is by no means perfect but I am happy with it!!


It is a yuck day outside so I wasn't able to get a good photo of the full quilt but this gives you an idea of how I've laid out the circles.  They are very random :)  I just grabbed a plate of each size and a few smaller bowls and started marking them out.  The quilt itself is just 2 pieces of white cotton basted together.


The colour selection was the best part, there are just so many to choose from.  Here is what I came up with.  No circles of the same colour touch each other (well up to now anyway) so the colours have a nice spread across the quilt.  I look forward to showing you the finished product soon.

This week I finished up the Kidlet bag that had been a work in progress for a couple of weeks and I'm happy with how it turned out.  Now that I've finished it, it wasn't as bad as I had made it in my mind.


And a finish happened here yesterday, not of the sewing kind but we finished up the majority of our backyard blitz this week and I'm happy to say it looks great.  My husband and Dad did a wonderful job of laying pavers last weekend which really transformed out patio area.

Here are some picks of before, after and in between.

 

We just have some metal garden edging to put in and it will be finished. Yay!!

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Kirsty -- OMGoodness -- your hand quilting is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. the circles are wonderful. Enjoy the new yard, it's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. The circles are absolutely gorgeous! You did a great job! Stopping in from Freshly Pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my hand quilting too....more relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hand quilting is great and wow, that's gonna be such an amazing quilt when you are done! I need to hand quilt more, it looks so lovely. Great job, Kirsty!

    ReplyDelete