Saturday, October 13, 2012

Field Study Tiles

Hello and welcome to the weekend.

I started back at work this week so I haven't been all that productive in the sewing room.  I'm really missing the time I had to get stuck into projects.

I spent my nights this week hand stitching the latest quilt which was inspired by Loulouthi Tiles from Rachel at Stitched in Color.


The front is using Anna Maria Horner's Field Study collection with Michael Miller's Cotton Couture in Vanilla.


The back has been made up of left over fabrics.
 

I hand stitched around the largest tiles with 3 coordinating cottons as per Rachel's tutorial.  I then continued by hand stitching around random squares.


I continued using the Field Study fabrics for the binding and for a drawstring bag.


I really like to make drawstring bags for the quilts I make.  I think it just makes a nice way to keep them during summer

This quilt is going to a lovely lady friend (she's like a second mum) for her 60th birthday.  I hope she enjoys it.


And on a totally random subject...Scrap metal Roosters

I have been wanting to get some chickens but we are worried about what they'll do to the new lawn.  So for now I have a scrap metal rooster which is great.  The hardware has a full selection of barnyard animals which are so cute.  I am very keen to get a sheep as well but I am happy with the rooster for now.



I have linked up to

Fresh Poppy Design

No comments:

Post a Comment