Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Going Hexie...

I am in love with Hexagons and how easy they are.  I love that I can carry them with me.  I love that I can do  them while watching my favourite tv shows.  I love that you can use your scraps.

That's enough about why I love them.


I cut a heap of hexagons as I wasn't really sure how many I'd need for a cushion cover.  The fabric might look familiar, I am using the scraps from my Birds & Bees Quilt which you can see here.  I am very excited that the quilt is with the long arm quilter so the final reveal will be in the new year.


Originally it was only Birds & Bees fabric but after looking at them all together it was a little busy.  I think the white mixed in is great and gives the eye somewhere to rest, along with incorporating the solid from the quilt.


We are heading off to the beach for Christmas so these little guys are going to be packed in my bag to be finished and when I get home I think I'll make a simple square patchwork cushion cover to go with this one.

I am linking to WIP Wednesday and Fabric Tuesday.


Fresh Poppy Design
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

15 comments:

  1. Wow that is a load of hexies, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all looking lovely. It's going to be a fab quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hexies are on my long-term wish list! So awesome. Yours are very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hexies! I really need to try them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love little hexies and your colours with some white are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! When I see hexies I just want to do some project myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hexagons! They are so pretty. I also love all of your other projects. I just became a follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Back in 1999 I had the "brilliant" idea to make a quilt for the millenium using 2000 hexies. Ummmm yeah you can probably guess that I did not get far, plus I pieced them into a long narrow thing that I can't find a use for. I recently saw someone piece some hexies into a bag so I think I Might try that in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful hexies! what a cheerful project to travel with :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure that pillow will look fabulous once it's done. Have a Merry Christmas, Kirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hexes are my new favorite thing to take along, I just made a bag to carry everything I need for my little cuties. I do love the 3/4 inch size. I love your fabric scrap hexes, they will make a great cushion. http://p8ntingmom.blogspot.com/2012/12/hexie-sewing-case.html?m=1 here is the link to check out my bag....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hexagons are something else that are on my list to learn how to make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see you have the hexie bug! I am now making the 3/8" ones now. You have a really great collection of finished projects. I need to learn how to do the tabs. Found you at freshly pieced.

    ReplyDelete