Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2 Blocks Down

I have had an exciting past week.  It started off with doing my first Marti Michell BOM at Sew This & That (my local sewing shop) on Thursday night.  I really enjoyed the class and got a lot out of it.  I got some tips for piecing accuracy and on using starch to hold my folds.  I also now have my machine set up to sew a scant 1/4 inch.  I think all of these will help with quilts I make in the future (cross fingers :)).

Below are the fabrics I purchased for the BOM quilt.  The quilt is called The Romance Continues and is a lot more traditional than you would normally see here.  I loved these floral fabrics by Tilda and then added in a few fillers to tie everything together.



I was so happy when the first block was completed in the class.  The second block I did at home following the instructions provided.  I am quite happy with how they turned out.


Waltzing Together Block


Champagne Toast Block

Next up was my mission to finish my husband's "very blue" Rapid City Quilt.  It is now finished and I will share with you the finished quilt on Friday after I've given it to him.  The top can be viewed in this post.

It turned out to be a really productive weekend although not a lot of sewing got done.

My sewing room got a massive reshuffle and the piles which included boxes and half finished projects, on the floor are gone so I can get in the room without needing to walk over stuff.  Normally a box of fabric would not remain that way too long as I usually pull them out as soon as they arrive, so I'm glad I was able to unpack it and can now see them all.  They'd been there so long I'd forgotten what I'd even ordered.  It feels like a space I want to sew in again which is awesome.

Hope everyone else had a great week as well :)


I am linking to WIP Wednesday and Fabric Tuesday.


Fresh Poppy Design
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. very pretty blocks! Good on you for getting your sewing room cleaned up- I am currently working on the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsty,
    I am visiting you from Fabric Tuesday. I really love your blocks and the fabric is so pretty! I look forward to seeing your project. I also look forward to visiting you again. I am your newest follower.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quietly terrified of complicated pieced blocks, but yours look lovely! And very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these blocks and the fabric you chose - great job!

    ReplyDelete