Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Latest quilt in progress...

I hope everyone is having a great week!  I have been plodding along trying to shorten my to do list.

First up was to get this quilt basted.  I use the adhesive spray and my parents big outdoor table to baste.  So much easier than crawling on the ground.

The design may look familiar, it is the Rapid City Quilt, design by Elizabeth Hartman.  You can see a previous version I made here.


The pattern fabric is the same as in the last quilt but with a different background and tree colours.  It creates a completely different feel.


Next up was completing another two blocks at my monthly (although I've missed a couple and it's more like quarterly at the moment) Marti Michell BOM sewing class.


Engagement Party block


Friendship Card block


And lastly 60 x 4 patch units which will be the corners of the alternate blocks which go between the other blocks we've been making.

I also have 60 sets of flying geese to sew which is what I'll be working on this week.  I am on track to getting this quilt assembled for a birthday/christmas present later this year.  Here's hoping that continues.

And at some stage I'll get around to quilting the Rapid City Quilt :)

I am linking to WIP Wednesday and Fabric Tuesday.


Fresh Poppy Design
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment